The 4th annual Jersey TechAwards have taken place with host, UK comedian Lucy Porter, introducing eleven categories and a Judge’s Choice Award, at the awards ceremony.
Organised by Digital Jersey and sponsored by C5 Alliance, the awards were the chance to showcase the individuals and teams who made a positive difference through their application of technology in 2021. The Awards ceremony saw a return to a live in-person audience following the virtual event held during the pandemic, and featured a welcome reception sponsored by Jersey Electricity.
Despite the two years of the pandemic impacting many businesses, nominations came in from across the Island, with a variety of industry sectors and individuals represented.
Digital Jersey CEO, Tony Moretta said: “I was incredibly proud of our Island this evening, as we saw the incredible achievements of winner after winner.
“It is the huge range of what is being created here in our small Island, that never fails to amaze me. From an app to capture legally admissible evidence for victims of crime, to the incredibly important support work that our IT firms provide for other businesses. Plus, while so much of our focus is often on a new software or digital service, it was particularly pleasing to see a company which exists to solve hardware problems sustainably, being given the first ever Judges’ Choice Award. I’d like to say thank you to Jason Laity, Chair of the judging panel, and his team for their work.”
The judging team were: Jason Laity, Susana Rowles, Nicolle Maltwood, Stephanie Peat, David Cartwright, Hayden Rushton, Leonie McCrann and Julian Box.
- Judges’ Choice Award – IT Equipment Security, by IT Hardware Services (pictured)
- Company sponsored by Switch Digital – C5 Alliance
- Start-up sponsored by NatWest International – Kulpa
- Fintech sponsored by Jersey Finance – TCA Digital Ltd
- Creative sponsored by Islands Insurance – Snap Creative
- Student (any age) sponsored by Vaiie – Chris Meyer
- Teacher sponsored by JE3 – Narelle Height
- Leadership sponsored by Marbral Advisory – Julian Lamb
- Sustainability sponsored by KPMG – My JE app, by Jersey Electricity
- Cyber Security sponsored by Sure – Oak Group
- Productivity sponsored by JT – The RPA at Lloyds Bank 100, Lloyds Bank International
- Public Sector/Charity sponsored by LC Interactive – Supporting sight impaired Islanders, by Eyecan