Nominations have opened for the fifth annual Jersey Tech Awards.
The 2022 awards, sponsored by C5 Alliance, and organised by Digital Jersey, will see awards presented in 12 categories. The event is also moving to a new venue, in what promises to be a showcase event for the island’s digital sector. The Awards Ceremony will take place at the Jersey Showground on Friday 28th April.
The categories include a new innovation Award celebrating a technological solution which has solved a problem or acts as a market disrupter. There will also be Public Sector, Start-up, and Charity awards, and a broader scope for both the Leadership award and the ESG Award. The latter is aimed at organisations or teams that have used technology to make a significant, measurable, positive impact on environmental, social or governance issues.
Digital Jersey Head of Marketing and Communications, Kelly Barker, said: “It has been so rewarding to see the growth of the Jersey Tech Awards. Not only are we expanding our categories, but we are having to move to a venue with 550 capacity after a packed event last year. This is testament to the increasing importance of the digital sector in our Island, and the wealth of innovation and skills within it. We’re looking forward to being able to celebrate our brightest and best at the fifth annual awards in April.”
The full list of categories:
- Innovation Award sponsored by PwC
- Start-up Award sponsored by NatWest International
- Public Sector award sponsored by Jersey Electricity
- Charity Award sponsored by Standard Bank
- Leadership Award sponsored by KPMG
- ESG Award sponsored by PropelFwd
- Company Award sponsored by Switch Digital
- Fintech Award sponsored by Jersey Finance
- Creative Award sponsored by JE3.COM
- Student Award sponsored by JT
- Teacher Award sponsored by Carey Olsen
- Productivity Award sponsored by Sure
There will also be a Judge’s Choice award.
The event will commence with a drinks reception, sponsored by Lloyds International, and the Awards ceremony will feature a guest host as well as musical entertainment.
A new Chair and Judging panel will have the difficult choice of deciding who is shortlisted and will win each of the coveted awards. Leonie McCrann, CEO of Marbral Advisory, is chairing the judging panel and has a background in delivering complex technical and business change programmes. She will be joined by:
- Dr Claire Newman: Principal Policy Officer (Public Health) Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance at the Government of Jersey
- Emma German: Founder of Monoceros Innovation
- Jason Laity: Chairman, Jersey Finance
- Dave Cartwright: Head of Technology Operations & Risk/Chief Information Security Officer,
- Santander and Chair, the Channel Islands Information Security Forum
- Ed Daubeney: Managing Director, Envestors
- Nicolle Maltwood: Ecosystem Manager at Barclays Eagle Labs
- Jensen Nixon: CEO Web Administration Resource Management
- Joel Mills: CEO AugmentCity and Offshore Simulator Centre
- Dan Hare: CEO Continuum Consulting
- Matt Palmer: Director CERT.je Jersey’s Cyber Emergency Response Team.
Nominations open on 14th October and will close at 23:00 on 6th November.
To nominate, please click here.