A little twist on everyone’s favourite spiced afternoon tea treat!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Sour Cream Frosted Carrot CakePrint Recipe
- 180g Light brown sugar
- 180ml Vegetable oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Orange
- 150g Carrot
- 180g Self-raising flour
- tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 150g Butter
- 175g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50ml Sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C and line a cake tin with baking parchment.
- Combine the sugar and oil, followed by the eggs, zest of 1 orange and the grated carrot.
- Sift together the self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and fold into the wet mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, for the frosting – beat the butter until light and airy.
- Mix in the icing sugar, followed by the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until smooth and fully combined (add more icing sugar for a stiffer frosting).
- Once the cake is cool, spread your frosting over the top (nice and thick) and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Portion as desired and enjoy with a good old cuppa!