- A little soft butter
- 2 cans (415g) Del Monte® Peach Slices in Juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary (or use grated orange or lemon zest)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 100g self-raising wholemeal flour (for the cobbler topping)
- Pinch of salt (for the cobbler topping)
- 35g cold butter, diced (for the cobbler topping)
- 35g caster sugar (for the cobbler topping)
- 50g ground almonds (for the cobbler topping)
- 1 medium egg (for the cobbler topping)
- 4 tbsp milk (for the cobbler topping)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Butter a 1.5 litre-capacity oven dish.
- Drain the peach slices, reserving 2 tbsp of the juice. Arrange the peaches in the dish, scatter with the rosemary, then trickle over the reserved juice and the honey.
- To make the topping, put the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, or a food processor, add the butter and rub it in with your fingers, or process until the mix resembles crumbs.
- Stir or blitz in the sugar and ground almonds. Beat the egg and the milk together then stir into the flour mix to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Drop the dough over the fruit in small spoonfuls – the topping shouldn’t cover all the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the ‘cobbles’ are cooked through (test one with a skewer and check it comes out ‘clean’).
- Serve hot, warm or cold with double cream.