A little twist on an all time favourite, moist and indulgent afternoon tea treat!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Banana choc-chip cakePrint Recipe
- 5 ripe bananas
- 100g brown sugar
- 60ml vegetable/sunflower oil
- 60ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 160g Chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’C.
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Peel and mash the bananas until a purée is formed, stir in the sugar, oil, milk and eggs until fully combined.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon, followed by half of the chocolate chips
- Pour into the prepared baking tin and evenly sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes and when a skewer inserted, comes out clean.
- Portion into desired sizes and get stuck in!