Are you shying away from being called out? There is no right or wrong for this – everyone is different.
I can give my own experience – I shied away from being called out for a long time. It can be tough to reflect on things we know we should (and could) do but have chosen not to.
We know it ourselves and that self-conscious feeling is only further compounded if someone points it out to us.
However, being held to a higher standard than you would hold yourself is the only way you are going to develop significantly from where you are now.
Sometimes if we aren’t reminded what our behaviours could lead to, then we will remain blissfully ignorant until there is a much more painful catalyst to change.
Like I said, there is no ‘right’ time to change. A change won’t last unless it is enforced with desire.
- Some people can choose to change with minimal pain
- Some people won’t change until it feels like their world is crashing down around them… and some people won’t even change then
I used to think that people shied away from coaching because they genuinely thought they knew best, and if I’m honest I thought I knew best when I was younger.
However, deep down I now know that I was actually scared of having this belief that I knew best shattered by someone who really did know their stuff.
Now, so many of my clients say to me that through their coaching journey they started to realise how much they didn’t know. Most, if not all, wish they’d started sooner. I’ve been in exactly the same position myself, so I know the feeling.
All it takes is a small shift in thinking to reflect on:
- what you want to achieve?
- how well you are currently moving towards that goal?
- how could you make that journey even easier?
You’re probably doing 80% correct, you just need a little bit of help developing those skills that will nail that remaining 20% and help you achieve what you want.
Give me a shout if so, I’d love to discuss with you what could help
Michael Canas is a highly sought after online coach. He specialises in coaching business leaders, entrepreneurs and busy professionals through complete physical transformations.
Utilising a background in psychology as well as fitness coaching, Michael helps business leaders take charge of their bodies so they can look, feel and perform better both inside the boardroom and outside it.
This article is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice of physicians. The reader should regularly consult a physician in matters relating to his/her health and particularly with respect to any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention.