Channel Eye has joined forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’
Following a business planning cycle will help you create an action plan for your business, the strategic goals, milestones and steps needed to drive your business forward.
The big three takeaways!
- Great leaders can look around corners(!)
- The planning cycle should incorporate a 3yr – 12mth – 90-day approach.
- Alignment between your strategic and tactical plans is critical.
- [0.40] Horizon planning, looking ahead at the next ten years, can be challenging, especially in a VUCA world that is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous.
- [1.45] Break your planning cycle into three chucks; A 3yr strategic line of sight focusing on the headline goals and aspirations, a 12-month plan that details strategic priorities and milestones, and a 90-day tactical plan.
- [2.45] After each 90 day plan, you can adopt a preview and review approach; review how you have progressed each quarter against the plan and preview the next quarter.
- [3.03] Adopting the 3 – 12 – 90 planning cycle creates alignment and clear sight between your tactical and strategic plans.
Do you have a question for the Business Coach?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org