9-15th May is Mental Health Awareness Week. It’s an annual event with the aim of providing a focus on achieving good mental health and for 2022 the theme is loneliness.
In line with the Mental Health Foundation’s Awareness Week, The Evolution Group are promoting a week of mental wellness activities for their team of Consultants which will be hosted in Guernsey and supported by local businesses.
In addition, they will also be supporting their Charity of Choice, Safer by donating thoughtfully handmade wellness hampers to the Safer Refuge.
The Evolution Group’s Operations Director Leyla Abreu explains – ‘Mental health is something that we hold close to us as an organisation and this week is an opportunity to spend some valuable time as a team and with our local community to promote our values.’
‘As a team of consultants, we often find ourselves working separate from the rest of our colleagues and like many other industries, we’re also working from home more often since the Covid pandemic. To help bring our team together and create an open dialogue around any personal experience of loneliness, we have put together a week of prosocial activities. This is the first of many planned TEG Wellness events and I am extremely proud of the opportunity for our Team to raise awareness not only amongst ourselves but also within our local community.’
- Day 1 – Herbal Health Hamper – To enjoy with family or friends whilst celebrating Liberation Day
- Day 2 – ‘Heels Up’ – Cliff Walk at Le Gouffre – Fresh air, exercise, and good company – Light aerobic exercise has been proven to reduce anxiety
- Day 3 – Pick a lunch box from Raw Store – Raw foods are high in micronutrients which can have a positive impact on mood
- Day 4 – ‘TEG Breakfast Club’ – Team breakfast at Café Emilia – a chance to start the day the right way with some great company
- Day 5 Boxfit – physical activity and trying new skills can improve many aspects of physical and mental wellbeing
‘We’re also delighted to be able to extend our support to Safer by providing them with mindfulness hampers.’
Safer’s Head of Service, Naomi Wood, says, ‘Mindfulness colouring books are something we’ve been wanting to provide for use at the Safer Refuge for some time now, so we’re really thankful to The Evolution Group for coming up with the idea and providing them. They will be much appreciated at the Refuge.’