Pasta is my favourite food in whole world, i could eat it everyday. All the different sauces and kinds of pasta makes each one so different. One of my favourite pasta dishes is a bolognese.
Since being a veggie I have tried and tasted so many recipes in order to get the best fragrant bolognese out there. This sauce is tangy and rich in flavour, it’s honestly amazing and so easy to make if you don’t have a lot of time. I always turn to this when I’m not sure what to eat for dinner 🌶🍅
Tangy vegan bolognesePrint Recipe
- Coconut 1 Cal spray
- 1 Bag of quorn mince
- 2 onions diced
- 8 mushrooms chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 400g tinned tomatoes
- 230 ml veg stock
- 125ml red wine
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Spaghetti or linguine
- Mixed herbs and Chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Heat the spray in a saucepan and add the mince, cook for 10 minutes on a medium high heat.
- When cooked transfer to a bowl and put more spray in the pan. Add the onions, mushrooms, garlic and carrots until softened.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, veg stock and Worcestershire sauce and season to taste with herbs and spices.
- Stir well and add the wine, bring to boil on a high heat for 5 minutes then reduce to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Whilst simmering, cook the pasta
- Once the pasta is cooked, top with the delicious sauce and a sprinkle of vegan cheese.