(Slightly) spiced carrot cake – Everyone’s favourite spiced afternoon tea treat!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Spicy carrot cakePrint Recipe
- 180g Light brown sugar
- 180ml Vegetable oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Orange
- 150g Carrot
- 180g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 180g Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C.
- Line a cake tin with baking parchment.
- Combine the sugar and oil, followed by the eggs, zest of 1 orange and the grated carrot.
- Sift together the self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and fold into the wet mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is cooling, mix together the icing sugar and orange juice and drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Once set, portion and enjoy with a good old cuppa!