Your favourite childhood chocolates in a deliciously sweet and chewy cookie bar!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Smartie cookie barsPrint Recipe
- 200g Butter
- 250g Soft brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 275g Plain flour
- 200g Smarties
- Pre-heat the oven to 180’c and line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the brown sugar.
- Leave to cool a little then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and fold in the flour, followed by half of the Smarties.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tin and evenly spread.
- Spread the remaining Smarties over the top – as many as you like!
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- The cookie bar will still be a little soft in the middle so leave to cool for a little while before slicing and tucking into!