Hands up if you love lasagne but don’t make it because you think it’s too fussy or high in calories? 🙋🏽
Too many ingredients and too many layers ? Well I thought the same, until a few days ago when I simplified the process and made a quick and easy healthy delicious version and still quite low in calories.
I’ve kept it all veggie but if you do eat meat, you can make it meaty. It’s perfect for a Saturday night. Enjoy! 🍅🧅🌶🥕🍝
Simple vegetarian lasagnePrint Recipe
- 1 bag of vegan quorn mince
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- Mixed herbs
- 7 mushrooms
- A bag of mixed vegetables
- Red pesto
- 2 garlic gloves
- Lasagne sheets
- Vegan cheese
- Soya milk
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220c
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, mixed vegetables and quorn mince into a pot and mix with 2tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp red pesto. Leave on medium heat until cooked for around 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes , mixed herbs and the vegetable stock and bring to simmer for 10 minutes.
- For the white sauce, add 6tbsp olive oil to a separate pan and heat then sift 5 tbsp of flour and stir until a paste consistency.
- Then add 4 cups of soya milk and remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Get an oven dish and begin layering.
- Layers go : tomato sauce • lasagne pasta sheets • white sauce etc until you reach the top of the dish.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese on the top and add a few chopped fresh tomatoes. Sprinkle some basil to finish.
- Cook for 40 minutes until golden and crispy 🍝