What’s a Clafoutis? It’s a baked French dessert made with fruit, traditionally black cherries, arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served warm, sometimes with cream.
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Recipe: Raspberry ClafoutisPrint Recipe
- 350g Raspberries
- 60g Plain flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 130g Caster sugar
- 300ml Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Icing Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Grease a 8-9 inch round baking dish with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the caster sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla extract.
- Once the above ingredients are combined, add the salt and plain flour until a smooth batter forms.
- Place the raspberries in the base of the dish and pour over the batter.
- Gently place in the middle of the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour – the edges will be beautifully puffed and golden and a skewer placed in the centre will come out clean once cooked through.
- Leave to cool slightly, dust with icing sugar.
- Serve warm (it’s also just as delicious once cooled) – enjoy!