I had never had a pineapple cake until the other day. I can’t believe I was living under a rock and never tried this cake of amazingness. Although it isn’t one of my healthiest bakes, you have to indulge sometimes and it has fruit in it, so it’s healthy – am I right ?? ☀️
Pineapple upside down cakePrint Recipe
- 100g softened butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 50g softened butter (for the topping)
- 50g light soft brown sugar (for the topping)
- Pineapple rings and chunks (for the topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- First of all prepare the topping and line the cake tins.
- Beat 50g butter and 50g light brown sugar together until it forms a creamy consistency.
- Spread over the base and half way up the side of the tin.
- Place the pineapple rings and chunks on top.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and the eggs in a bowl and mix together until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Pour into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth out.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes and serve with runny cream or custard.