Vanilla buttery daisy biscuits filled with strawberry jam – a personal twist on a childhood favourite biscuit!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Jammy Daisy DodgersPrint Recipe
- 250g Butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300g Plain flour
- 5 tbsp Strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla, followed by the flour until fully combined.
- Lightly knead the mixture on a floured surface, split into half and refrigerate in clingfilm for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Remove one half of the mixture from the fridge, place on a floured surface and roll out to a one pound coin thickness.
- Using a flower cutter; cut out as many flowers as you can and gently place on the prepared baking tray. Lightly knead the trimmings and repeat the process.
- Remove the second half of the mixture from the fridge and repeat the process but this time, remove a small circular piece of dough from the centre using a little pastry cutter (don’t forget to use the trimmings for more daisies!)
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and leave to cool.
- Spread a dollop of strawberry jam in the centre of the biscuits without the hole removed and sandwich together with the other flowers.. and there you have your cute little Jammie Daisy Dodgers – enjoy!