Sugar and spice and all things nice and a delicious treat for all those biscuit dunking lovers!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Gingerbread menPrint Recipe
- 350g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 125g Butter
- 175g Soft brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- Mix together the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingertips to keep the dough as cool as possible until resembling breadcrumbs and follow in with the sugar.
- Add the egg and golden syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Place the dough in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180c and line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until roughly the thickness of a one pound coin and now you can begin cutting out your men or whichever shaped biscuit you fancy!
- Make sure to leave a little space between each on the baking tray as the biscuits may spread a little.
- Poke little eyes and button holes into the gingerbread men and bake in the oven for roughly 12 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Leave to cool for around 10 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack to fully crispen to get that perfect snap before getting stuck in!