I’m like a creature of habit when it comes to pasta, but I thought I’d jump out of my comfort zone and try this stunning dish.
The flavours are amazing and I think it is now one of my favourite dishes. It’s so quick and simple but definitely a meal for those ‘cheating’ days.
Fragrant saffron pastaPrint Recipe
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup Alpro cream
- Generous pinch of saffron
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and salt then add your desired amount of pasta.
- In another pan add the butter and the chopped onion on a medium low heat and cook until they soften.
- Turn the heat up and add the wine, heat for 5 minutes.
- Then turn the heat down to medium then add the cream, little bits at a time and stir.
- Add the saffron and salt and pepper to taste, continuously stirring.
- Let the sauce simmer until slightly thickened and the saffron colour has made the cream a pale orange.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the sauce. Toss the pasta to make sure it is all covered.
- Season with parsley and serve!