A little twist an all time favourite moist and indulgent afternoon tea treat!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Cream cheese frosted banana cakePrint Recipe
- 2 Bananas
- 125ml Vegetable/sunflower oil
- 200g Caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon + more for topping
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 125g Butter
- 125g Icing sugar
- 200g Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C and line a cake tin with baking parchment.
- Combine the bananas, oil and sugar, followed by the eggs.
- Sift together the plain flour, cinnamon and baking powder and fold into the wet mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is cooking, for the frosting – beat the butter until light and airy.
- Mix in the icing sugar, followed by the vanilla extract and cream cheese and beat until smooth and fully combined (add more icing sugar for a firmer frosting).
- Once the cake is cool, spread your frosting over the top (nice and thick!) and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Portion as desired and enjoy with a good old cuppa!