Colin the Caterpillar Blondies – everyone’s favourite M&S chocolate treat on top of a chewy and gooey blondie bar!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Colin the Caterpillar BlondiesPrint Recipe
- 200g Butter
- 250g Soft brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 275g Plain flour
- 150g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 9 Colin the Caterpillar faces
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the brown sugar.
- Leave to cool a little then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tin and evenly spread.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- .briefly remove from the oven and place the white chocolate Colin faces in the centre of each ‘portion’.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the faces to melt and stick to the blondies.
- Remove from the oven – the blondie will still be a little soft in the middle so leave to cool for a little while before portioning and getting stuck into!