This loaf is perfect for those days when you need a reminder of summer! It is winter but sometimes I crave a bit of sun. This loaf makes you feel like you have been on holiday with all the flavours and freshness from the sweet fruit.
This is a perfect little loaf to share with your friends.
Coconut and raspberry loaf cakePrint Recipe
- 175g Dairy free butter
- 175g Golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Veggie oil
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 300g Raspberries and a few to decorate
- Half can of coconut milk
- 225g Icing sugar
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a loaf tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Fold in the oil and flour and stir softly.
- Carefully stir in the desiccated coconut and fold in the raspberries (careful not to mix harshly, try to avoid the raspberries breaking).
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 55 minutes until golden.
- Leave cool in the fridge for an hour to chill.
For the icing : ⠀
- In a separate bowl add the icing sugar and coconut milk together with a little bit of butter.
- Stir together until fluffy.
- Spread of top of the loaf and top with some raspberries and coconut shavings.