Who doesn’t love cake? And chocolate at that!
The chocolate milk addition makes for a deliciously moist chocolate indulgence!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Chocolate milk cakePrint Recipe
- 225g Butter
- 300g Caster sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 275g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 250ml Chocolate milk
- Preheat oven to 180’c and line a baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cocoa, plain flour, baking powder and salt).
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet along with half of the chocolate milk and repeat the process until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted, comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, portion into desired sizes and indulge in chocolate heaven!