Dotted with fresh cherries, this almondy white chocolate blondie makes for a delicious twist on the classic Bakewell treat!
This recipe is from Daisy’s Country Bakes who welcomes you to the honesty hut filled with delicious home bakes and treats for your enjoyment! Located in Jersey, on La Rue de St Jean, nearby other roadside stalls.
Cherry Bakewell blondiesPrint Recipe
- 200g Butter
- 250g Soft brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 275g Plain flour
- 150g White chocolate chips
- 300g Fresh cherries
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 50g Flaked almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the brown sugar.
- Leave to cool a little then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the almond extract and fold in the flour, followed by the white chocolate chips and chopped fresh cherries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tin, evenly spread and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- The blondie will still be a little soft in the middle so leave to cool for a few hours before slicing and tucking into – enjoy!