Offshore law firm Appleby has been praised for its approach to cross-jurisdictional matters in the 2023 edition of the Chambers and Partners UK Guide, with 15 of the Group’s Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey lawyers gaining individual recognition.
A leading directory for the legal industry, Chambers ranks law firms and their lawyers across 200 jurisdictions worldwide based on independent research and analysis, including client feedback.
As the only offshore law firm with a presence in all three Crown Dependencies, Appleby gained notable rankings across the Group’s Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey offices, including top tier positions in Corporate and Finance; Dispute Resolution; and Employment.
Industry sources cited within the directory considered Appleby as “very good in cross-jurisdictional matters”, with the Guernsey corporate team described as “extremely responsive, commercially astute… and very knowledgeable in the markets they operate in”. In the Isle of Man, the corporate team was noted for “handling big ticket cases” and for “providing a full service offering to clients”, while the dispute resolution practice has “a strong multidisciplinary team” that is “frequently called upon to handle claims stemming from fraud allegations”. Similarly, the “standout employment” team in Jersey is noted for its “considerable expertise in contentious matters”.
The Group’s individual rankings are as follows:
- Jeremy Berchem (pictured) (Office Managing Group Partner) Corporate & Finance including Investment Funds
- Richard Sheldon (Group Partner) Employment
- Stuart Tyler (Partner) Corporate & Finance including Investment Funds
- Anthony Williams (Partner) Dispute Resolution
Isle of Man
- Mark Holligon (Office Managing Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Charles Davies (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Caren Pegg (Partner) Employment
- Kyle Sutherland (Partner) Corporate & Finance
- Juan Thornley (Partner) Corporate and Commercial
- Katherine Garrood (Counsel) Corporate & Finance
- John Bisson (Group Partner) Property
- Jared Dann (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Kevin McQuillan (Partner) Corporate and Finance
- Fraser Robertson (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Andrew Weaver (Partner) Corporate and Finance; Investment Funds