A series of concerts, highlighting Jersey’s musical talents are being staged from venues around the island of Jersey.
Francis Murton, Director of Music at Victoria College and a founding member of the Jersey Association of Music said: “Whilst we are restricted to online performances at the moment, we hope that as the year progress, we will be able to introduce live elements and audiences.”
The first part of this debut concert comes from St Aubin on the Hill Church. The Victorian church has a pipe organ built by the celebrated William Hill in 1898. The three pieces are played by Francis Murton.
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Fantasy for organ in G major
- George Frideric Handel – Largo (from Xerxes)
- Vivaldi – Concerto for two violins
The second part of this concert is recorded in Victoria College’s Great Hall, featuring Julie Robinson(first violin), Emma Davies (second violin), David Davies (double bass) and Ben Lewis (Cello).
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart sonatas, known as epistles (written when he was just ten years old)
The final part of this concert is recorded in Victoria College’s Great Hall, and features a solo by Ben Lewis.
- Maria Theresia von Paradis – Sicilienne