The Véyaon Awards 2023 evening event brought together the business community from all sectors to celebrate the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of Guernsey.
On Thursday 16th November, 300 people gathered at the Digital Greenhouse’s Véyaon Awards at Beau Sejour in partnership with Blenheim Chalcot to celebrate the entrepreneurs and innovators from across Guernsey’s Business Ecosystem. Led by compere John Fernandez, the evening welcomed Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey, Lt Gen Richard Cripwell as keynote with an inspiring speech about the cultivation of entrepreneurship and community spirit on the island. Followed by the award-giving ceremony.
The winners of the 2023 Véyaon Awards are as follows:
- The Creative Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by TPA was won by Tiffany Anna, who showed a creative approach to commercialising her painting tutorials online, impacting more people in Guernsey and beyond.
- The Digital Leader Award, sponsored by Sure Business was won by Howard Barnes, who has demonstrated a first-mover advantage within digital education, meeting the needs of students, teachers and stakeholders.
- The Disrupter of the Year Award, sponsored by C5 Alliance was won by NionNet Limited, for challenging the status quo with their innovative and disruptive product that could have a positive impact across the environment, culture and community.
- The Entrepreneur for Good Award, sponsored by Islands Trust & Corporate was won by Victoria Holyoak of C-SectionUK, whose learning platform impressed the judges by providing much-needed education and support through a combination of digital and personal experiences to new and expecting mothers.
- The Excellence in Resilience Award, sponsored by Armstrong Resilience was won by Guernsey Electricity Limited, who have displayed significant leadership, understanding and desire to embed business-wide resilience, especially focused on critical customer needs.
- The Innovation in Customer Services Award, sponsored by Cherry Godfrey was won by Copper, Judges were impressed by the way Copper catered for a range of customer needs and levels of technical understanding, providing a high level of support on their journey of digital adoption.
- The Innovation in Technology Award, sponsored by PwC was won by UN1TY Limited. UN1TY’s innovative approach stood out as it transforms traditional, labour-intensive processes into efficient, technology-driven solutions.
- The Learner of the Year Award, sponsored by JT was won by Kieran Philips, who has demonstrated a passion for helping others in the community & continued support at the College whilst progressing in his technical career
- The Scale-Up Business of the Year Award, sponsored by Resolution IT was won by UN1TY Limited, who have made a strong focus on sustainable growth, building on the core expertise of the founding partners to extend their reach across industries in Guernsey and further afield.
Other awards also presented on the night included: The 2023 Guernsey Venture Challenge winners, in third place Stage Portal and joint first place, C-section UK and Petlearnia.
The YBG Bill Green Award, presented President of the YBG, Rebecca Hale, aims to elevate local businesses into the spotlight and this year was awarded as part of The Véyaon Awards in November, during Global Entrepreneurship Week. The 2023 winner of the Bill Green Award was The Silvester Group, for their passion for their businesses and for striving to make Guernsey a better place.