The Finalists for the 2021 Bill Green Entrepreneurial Innovation Award have been announced.
The Guernsey Young Business Group (YBG) have partnered with the Digital Greenhouse to renew Guernsey’s entrepreneurship award, shining a light on local innovation.
The Bill Green Award is a local accolade awarded by the YBG annually to recognise achievement in the business community. After a break in the presentation of the award in 2020, the YBG Council and The Digital Greenhouse have worked together to relaunch the award for local businesses.
This year saw over 20 local businesses, from a wide range of sectors, submit their innovative new business, product or services to the award. The applications have now been shortlisted to the final five, who will go forwards to pitch to the guest judging panel.
“We were impressed with both the number and quality of entries being sent in, which was a fivefold increase on the number of submissions in 2019. This made for a difficult shortlisting process, but we are pleased to be announcing the shortlisted final five who really showcase entrepreneurial innovation on the island” – Ben Wratten, Programme Manager at the Digital Greenhouse.
The five shortlisted businesses for 2021 are:
- Brintal Limited with their Ypush wheelchair, the world’s first Carer Controlled Power-Assisted Wheelchair.
- Spike Productions with their fully immersive 360° virtual reality online walkthroughs, making digital twins of properties.
- HedgeVeg.gg created by Pierre Le Page, an online directory of locally grown produce and handmade goods.
- Resolution IT for their development of the St John Ambulance Subscription service.
- BB Blogs with their animated eBook service, helping parents to support children through reading.
Nicki Harrison, YBG President sai: “YBG were thrilled to see so many unique and innovative businesses apply for the 2021 Bill Green Award. Scoring for the shortlist was challenging as all the applicants were so high calibre. We are looking forward to the pitch-night later this month and hearing more from the shortlisted businesses and also want to thank all the applicants for taking part.”
The Bill Green Award’s core purpose is to shine a light on entrepreneurial innovation and raise the profile of all individuals and businesses who are actively innovating in Guernsey. The final pitch night will be taking place on Wednesday 25th August, where the YBG and DGH will be joined by guest judges Martyn Dorey and Justin Bellinger. The winner will then be presented with the award at the YBG’s annual Summer Ball on Saturday 4th September.