ICSA: The Chartered Governance Institute has today announced the full line-up of speakers for its 2020 Governance Guernsey conference, which is taking place on 21 October, one of the few live conferences taking place in the British Isles, thanks to strong management of COVID by Guernsey’s government.
Paul Smith, Chair of ICSA: The Chartered Governance Institute’s Guernsey branch and Founder & CEO of The House of Green Limited, comments: “COVID has had a devastating impact on the hospitality industry in some countries and I’m delighted that we are able to hold our annual event at the St Pierre Park Hotel as usual thanks to the way in which the government has managed the pandemic in Guernsey. Each year we bring the island’s governance professionals together to talk about the issues and opportunities they are facing and this year the conference is especially critical given the challenges that organisations are facing.
“The importance of organisational purpose has been thrown into sharp relief by the pandemic, with the general public keeping a watchful eye on an organisation’s social and environmental impact. The expertise and advice of governance professionals has been in demand like never before as businesses and other organisations have sought to navigate their way through the crisis, legally, appropriately and fairly. The conference will cover those issues that are of vital importance both now and going forward.”
Paul, who will chair the conference, will be joined by the following speakers:
- Elaine Gray, President, Guernsey Chamber of Commerce
- Paula Williams, President, The Channel Islands Co-operative Society Limited
- Perrin Carey, Advisor, researcher and speaker on governance
- Phil Eyre, Founder, Leaders Consultancy
- Wendy Dorey, Non-Executive Director, Schroders Channel Islands
- Susie Crowder, Human Capital Director, Grant Thornton-Guernsey
- Wayne Bulpitt CBE, Co-Founder, Aspida Group Limited, former UK Chief Commissioner, The Scouts and respected social entrepreneur
- Martin Dorey, Founder and Managing Director, Dorey Financial Modelling
- Dominic Wheatley, Consultant, Thornton Limited
- Mathew Beale, Managing Director, Comsure Jersey
- Claire Bodanis, Founder and Director, Falcon Windsor.
Paul concluded: “We have a really great line-up of speakers and panellists this year who will be tackling important governance issues such as organisational purpose, how to measure governance, how to get the right mix of people on the board, AI, corporate failure, compliance, crisis management and corporate reporting. Nothing beats being in the same room as someone so you can talk through issues together and I look forward to seeing my peers face to face as we discuss how Guernsey can create a sustainable future.”
Further details and tickets, priced at £199 for ICSA members, are available by clicking here.