EVie announce the launch of their new electric EVieBike! Over 60 new bikes are available today, with a further 120 rolling out over the next few days.
Earlier in the summer, EVie launched a new app for its electric car fleet. The new bikes will be available to rent through the same app which has been extended to provide convenient access to both cars and bikes from the same place.
The EVie Freebike service that the island has enjoyed for the past year will continue to operate in parallel for a short while but will be gradually replaced.
With the new arrivals, EVie’s bike fleet in Jersey stands at 180 EVieBikes and 80 BlueBikes.
The bikes have had a torrid journey which has been affected by a worldwide shortage of microchips and sea containers, we’ve had large vessels blocking the Suez Canal, and most recently, an acute shortage of HGV drivers.
How to use the new EVieBikes:
- Download the app [iOS (Apple), Google Play (Android)]
- Create an account in just a few steps and instantly access the new EVieBikes
New EVieBike features:
- High power motor with 15mph top speed to get up those steep countryside hills!
- Step-through aluminium frame for safe and easy access
- Up to 40 miles (65km) range on a single charge
- Wireless phone charger (for supported devices)
- High-visibility LED lights for safe riding
- Large digital display and audible prompts
- Padded seat with shock absorbers for a smoother, more comfortable ride
- Dual kickstand and gyroscope to limit unintentional movement
- Built-in EVie technology to slow or stop the motor outside of designated areas
EVie has simplified their bike pricing. Their pricing algorithm automatically determines the best available rate for your trip, letting you focus on your ride.
The Freebike app and original EVieBikes (green) will be removed as they roll out over the next few days.