Nick Ogden, serial entrepreneur in banking, payments and fintech, took the helm of the afternoon focus on the future of fintech, with a World Bank view of the global fintech picture, a session dedicated to diversity and women in fintech, how Microsoft is innovating in the cloud, as well as a former Bank of England governor advisor on the future of digital finance.
Catch-up for a hybrid mix of physical and virtual speakers.
Agenda and approximate timing (the event started at 15:00)
- 15.00 TechWeek presenter, Gary Burgess introduces Nick Ogden and the session
- 15.05 Nick Ogden, Founder of RTGS
- 15.20 Matt Gamser, CEO of the SME Finance Forum (managed by the International Finance Corporation, part of the World Bank) talks Global Fintech and SME’s
- 15.40 Dr Ruth Wandhofer, Global Fintech 50 Influencer talks diversity and women in fintech
- 16.05 Christian Sarfardis, Chief Business Development Officer at Microsoft in the Worldwide Financial Services Industry Group, talks about innovation and cloud
- 16.25 Huw van Stennis – Mark Carney’s advisor talks about the future of digital finance
- 16.45 Olenka Apperley, Adviser at Jersey Financial Services Commission, talks about the local perspective
- 16.50 Ian Gorst, Jersey’s Minister for External Relations talks about the local perspective
Click here to view all the TechWeek content including catch-ups and interviews.