Jersey-based firms and professionals demonstrating excellence and thought leadership in sustainable finance were recognised at a special ceremony held at Jersey Zoo as part of the 2023 Sustainable Finance Awards, organised by Jersey Finance.
Now in their second year, the Awards are designed to identify the individuals in Jersey who are championing progress and showcase the expertise of firms who are demonstrating innovation in Jersey’s sustainable finance ecosystem, supporting Jersey’s efforts to position itself as a leading sustainable international finance centre.
The Awards feature a total of ten categories to reflect leadership and innovation across Jersey’s core financial services sectors, including three new categories this year – ‘Sustainable at Heart’, ‘Future Individual Influencer’ and ‘Local Presence, Global Reach’.
Winners, which were selected by a panel of independent judges including Andrew Mitchell, Founder and CEO at Equilibrium Futures, Simon Boas, Executive Director, Jersey Overseas Aid, and Amy Blackwell, Founder of Amy Blackwell Advisory, were as follows:
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance – Banking: RBS International
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance – Funds: JTC Group
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance – Investment Management: Affinity Private Wealth and Cazenove Capital (Joint Winners)
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance – Private Wealth: Accuro Trust (Jersey) Ltd
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance – Professional Services: PwC
- Innovation in Sustainable Finance: Paragon Impact
- Outstanding Individual Contribution: David Postlethwaite, KPMG in the Crown Dependencies
- Sustainable at Heart: Ogier and PwC (Joint Winners)
- Future Individual Influencer: Indiana Latimer, PwC
- Local Presence, Global Reach: KPMG in the Crown Dependencies
Amy Bryant, Deputy Chief Executive of Jersey Finance, commented: “Our inaugural Sustainable Finance Awards last year shone a light on the good work being done in Jersey to evolve our sustainable finance proposition, and I’m delighted that this year we have been able to build on that to champion an even broader range of individuals and firms who are really blazing a trail in this space.
“Ultimately, our goal is for sustainable finance to be embedded into everything our industry does. I’m therefore particularly pleased that this year we have introduced some new categories that reflect just how committed firms are to integrating sustainability into their company culture, their service lines and their future strategies.
“I’d like to congratulate all our winners and extend a big thank you also to our co-sponsors, BNP Paribas, KPMG in the Crown Dependencies and PwC, and our independent panel of judges for their expertise and knowledge.”