Nominations for the 6th Annual Jersey TechAwards are now live – with the highest demand ever seen for award sponsorship, resulting in all twelve categories snapped up in just a week.
Sponsored by C5 Alliance and organised by Digital Jersey, the TechAwards, celebrate the very best of Jersey’s digital talent, creativity and entrepreneurship.
Individuals and businesses can nominate themselves or others they believe are worthy in various categories, including Innovation, Start-up, Productivity and a new category introduced this year, recognising excellence in Cyber Security.
Kelly Barker, Digital Jersey’s Head of Marketing and Communications said: “Nearly filling the 500 capacity Jersey Royal Showground earlier this year was a proud moment for the whole team. We hope that we can continue to encourage a wide range of entries across all sectors of the economy utilising technology across their projects and businesses.”
Stuart Richford, Group Director at C5 Alliance said: “We are really pleased to continue our support of these Awards. They have become a firm fixture in the calendar and playing an important role in recognising the talent and innovation that exists in Jersey.”
The full list of categories is as follows:
- Start-up, sponsored by Carey Olsen
- Public & Third Sector, sponsored by RBC Wealth Management
- Leadership, sponsored by Sure Business
- Company, sponsored by Switch Digital
- Fintech, sponsored by Corefocus
- Student, sponsored by Vaiie
- Productivity, sponsored by Lloyds
- Teacher, sponsored by Propel FWD
- Innovation, sponsored by Deloitte
- Sustainability, sponsored by Jersey Electricity
- Creative, sponsored by Standard Bank
- Cyber Security, sponsored by JT Group
- TechAwards Welcome Reception sponsored by ‘EWG in partnership with the Currency Cloud’
The Awards Ceremony will take place at the Jersey Showground on Friday 26th April 2024 with a new head judge and a judging panel who will have the difficult choice of deciding the shortlist and winners in each of the sought-after awards. Rachel Harker, a highly experienced applied technologist who has worked on a diverse portfolio of physical-digital development programmes is chairing the judges for the first time.
The full judging panel is:
- Joel Mills, CEO AugmentCity and Offshore Simulator Centre
- Ed Daubeney, Managing Director, Envestors Channel Islands and Non-Executive Director, Polygon Collective
- Louise Magris, Group Director Strategy and Innovation – Government of Jersey
- Jason Laity, Co-founder 80Twenty Limited, Non-Executive Chair / Director of various companies
- Hayley Butcher, Head of Economic Programmes, Government of Jersey, and former Head of the UK’s National Situation Centre providing digital data and analysis capabilities for decision making
- Dave Cartwright, Chief Information Security Officer, Santander International and Chair, the Channel Islands Information Security Forum
- Jensen Nixon, Group CEO of Opal UK and Web Administration Resource Management.
- Adv Emma German, Founder, Monoceros Innovation and Jersey Law Commissioner specialising in emerging technologies
Nominations are in two phases; people can nominate themselves or others from 1st to 30th November and those nominated then have from 4th December to 8th January to expand their entries for final submission.
To nominate, visit here.
Highlights from the 5th Annual Jersey Tech Awards