Over the past two years, First Central has donated more than £5,700 to the Smile for Georgie Foundation.
First Central raised the money through fundraising activities like The Mighty Move, which challenges colleagues across the group to collectively travel 7,000km per week, Auction of Promises, where colleagues donate their own goods or time to auction off as prizes, and the office’s monthly meat draw.
The Smile for Georgie Foundation aims to make a difference and bring smiles to the people of Guernsey through small acts of kindness.
Every two years, First Central colleagues nominate a charity in each office location that they believe will benefit from their support. The charity with the most votes is then chosen as First Central’s charity partner. The insurer’s support includes both financial gifts and donations of time and resources.
Thanks to First Central’s support, so far this year the Foundation has:
- Delivered free newspapers and magazines to all the staff and patients at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital each quarter
- Supported Random Acts of Kindness Week
- Helped the Sunflower Trust with their residential weeks in Guernsey and Herm
- Donated £500 to the Man Shed for their defibrillator
- Provided Easter eggs for Home Starts’ Easter egg hunt
- Donated £500 to Bright Beginnings to help restore their playground, which was vandalised
- Provided 200 tickets to families to enable them to visit the Accidental Zoo
- Helped Rev. Linda Le Vasseur refurbish her Faith Room at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital
John Davison, Chief Information Officer at First Central, said: “We’re proud to have sponsored the Smile for Georgie Foundation for the past two years. The Foundation does fantastic work for the local community through acts of kindness.”
Peter Le Cheminant, a Trustee of the Smile for Georgie Foundation, said: “We very much appreciate the donation received from First Central and the fundraising efforts of their staff in their own time. First Central takes its social responsibility seriously and this has allowed us to support a wide range of community projects.”
First Central has selected Autism Guernsey as its charity partner for the next two years. Autism Guernsey is an independent charity that assists and supports people on the autism spectrum in Guernsey.
The main picture shows Di Lihou, PEH League of Friends Shop Manager.