Nominations are now open for the ICSA Guernsey Awards 2018, which recognise individual and team accomplishments in the field of governance.
Taking place at The Old Government House Hotel on Friday 9 November 2018, the awards are the focal point of ICSA Guernsey’s Annual Dinner, which celebrates the achievements of members and students on the island.
The awards are open to all Guernsey-based members of ICSA: The Governance Institute and nominations are invited for the following five categories:
- Company Secretary of the Year (sponsored by Board Intelligence):this award will be given to a company secretary who provides effective team and thought-leadership, shows mastery of the complex legal and regulatory environment and plays an added-value role in the governance of their organisation, including initiatives that have contributed to emerging best practice in the pursuit of good governance.
- Corporate Services Team of the Year (sponsored by Perivan):this award will be given to a team which provides effective team and thought-leadership, shows mastery of the complex legal and regulatory environment and plays an added-value role in the governance of their organisation. In order to be eligible for this award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- Corporate Services Officer of the Year (sponsored by Brainloop):this award will be given to an individual who plays an effective and added-value role within the team and company in which they work. Attention will be paid to their mastery of legal and regulatory matters and the award will recognise their use and development of best-practice in the fulfilment of their role.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Award:this award will be given to either an individual or a team who have shown exceptional performance in advancing governance, risk and compliance activities within their organisation. To be eligible for the team award at least one fully qualified ICSA member should be part of the team.
- The One to Watch (sponsored by First Intuition):this award recognises both recent achievement and future potential in company secretaries and/or administrators who are still in the early stages of their career.
Nominations, which can be self-nominated or submitted by a colleague, client or by a nominee’s Board of Directors, should be made online at www.icsa.org.uk/guernsey/events/annual-awards-dinner before the closing date of Friday 7 September 2018.
“We welcome nominations from all members regardless of the sector – private, public and not-for-profit – in which they work. Our members bring an incredible amount of governance expertise to the island and I am delighted that we are able to recognise the substantial contribution that they make to ensuring that Guernsey retains its reputation as a trusted place to live, work and do business. I am also extremely grateful to Intertrust for sponsoring the drinks reception and to BPP for sponsoring our student award,” says Sara Bourne, ICSA Guernsey Branch Chair.