Alex Picot Trust who have been providing trust services since the 1930s is celebrating the commitment of staff members who have accumulated almost three centuries of service between them.
In the last twelve months, they have recognised the long-service of key members of staff including office manager David Picot, who retired in April 2020 after reaching forty six years of service.
Alongside David, also marking long service records are:
- Current directors, Andrew Le Cheminant (forty years) and Derek Rhodes (twenty eight years);
- Associate Director, Solange Rebours (thirty five years) having moved with the firm she originally worked for when it was acquired by Alex Picot Trust in 2002;
- Part-time accountant Brian Benest (twenty eight years);
- Accountant, Carolyn Dodds (twenty five years);
- Compliance file reviewer, Lisa Le Brocq (twenty five years) having moved with the firm she originally worked for when it was acquired by Alex Picot Trust in 2002.
- Senior trust officers, Sarah Carpenter (twenty two years) and Clare Garton (twenty years);
- Compliance assistant, Emily McLaughlin (nineteen years).
Chris Cotillard, Director of Alex Picot Trust, said: “We are very proud of the long service record among our team and to recognise so many milestones reached in one year is quite remarkable. There is a saying at Alex Picot Trust that ‘if you join us, you’ll retire with us’ and in the history of the Company, there have been many service landmarks achieved by staff, including two people who stayed for fifty years. We see this as a testament to the emphasis that we put on creating a nurturing and stable environment for our team; many of whom join us from school and complete their training as they progress their career with us.”
He added: “Having a stable team in place is very important in providing our long-established clients with the consistent service they have come to enjoy. As we grow our team we continue to look for individuals who share the traditional values we uphold and who see a career path with us, in fact of our existing team, seven individuals have at some stage left employment only to return at a later date. We congratulate all of our staff who have reached milestones this year.”
In addition to the long-service history of current staff, three standout team members from the past are often remembered for their commitment. Lilian du Feu, who remained alongside Alexander E Picot during the occupation and only retired just shy of fifty years of service. Noella Bewhay who joined the business at twenty years of age in 1957 and retired in 2005 (forty eight years) and Rosemary Middleton who worked for the firm between 1976 and 2012 (thirty six years).