Jersey Finance has launched its ‘Sustainable Finance Awards’ for 2023, with nominations now open for organisations and individuals from Jersey-based financial services firms.
Now in their second year, the awards are designed to recognise and showcase the leading people and firms in Jersey’s sustainable finance ecosystem, promote innovation, and help to develop Jersey’s credentials as a leading sustainable international finance centre.
The three main categories of awards from last year are being repeated:
- Leadership in Sustainable Finance: with six awards spanning the banking, corporate services, funds, investment management, private wealth and professional services sectors
- Innovation in Sustainable Finance: for a firm that best exemplifies innovation
- Outstanding Individual Contribution: recognising a key Jersey-based professional who has contributed to Jersey’s vision of being a sustainable finance centre of excellence
There are also three new categories for 2023:
- Sustainable at Heart: to recognise the firm that considers sustainability and the environment at the heart of what they do
- Future Individual Influencer: to celebrate a Jersey-based individual within a firm for driving forward the sustainable finance agenda within their organisation, outside of leadership level
- Local Presence, Global Reach: to recognise the activities of a global firm that has a presence in Jersey but has made a positive contribution to global sustainable finance activities, that may have been conducted outside of Jersey
Nominations are open until 18th September, with an independent panel of judges selecting winners, which will be announced at an awards ceremony at Jersey Zoo on 18 October.
Joe Moynihan (pictured), Chief Executive of Jersey Finance, commented: “We launched our Sustainable Finance Awards last year and we are delighted to bring them back again for 2023 with some new categories, in addition to the three from last year.
“These awards give us an opportunity to showcase and reward the efforts of local organisations and individuals who are demonstrating commitment to operating sustainably and prioritising ESG values in the workplace, and for the greater good.”
Further information about the awards is available here.