Jersey Finance has announced the winners of its second annual Rising Stars Awards.
Building on the success of the inaugural awards last year, winners for this year’s awards were announced at a special ceremony at the Royal Jersey Showground last week (Friday 10 September).
The ceremony was hosted by broadcaster Tim Pryor, with remarks from Jersey Finance’s Chief Executive, Joe Moynihan, and provided an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of talented, young individuals across Jersey’s financial sector. Entertainment at the ceremony was also provided by DJ Ash Tee, HBEAT and TheSaxMan.
In total, over 150 young people between the ages of 16 and 30 were nominated for the Awards with a shortlist for each of the twelve categories being selected by an independent panel of judges, and more than 38,000 votes being cast by members of the public to ultimately determine the winners.
Winners of the Awards this year were:
- Accountancy: Reiss Khawaja, KPMG
- Banking: Catia Teixeira, Santander International
- Compliance: Lydia Stephens, Affinity Private Wealth
- CSR and Employee Morale: Jordan Stott, Deloitte
- Digital: James Walwyn, Puritas Software Solutions
- Funds: Tristan Norbury, Langham Hall
- Human Resources: Ana Martins, Equiom
- Investment Management: Tom Hiles, Quilter Cheviot
- Law: Holly Thebault, Mourant
- Marketing: Fallon Saussey, Ogier
- Operations and Secretarial: Ross Pringle, Vistra
- Trust: Joana Marques Teixeira, Intertrust Group
Commenting on the awards, Joe Moynihan, Chief Executive, Jersey Finance said: “Building on the success of our inaugural Rising Stars Awards last year, it’s fantastic to see an even higher level of engagement and participation this year, and to be able to celebrate the success of our future leaders once more.”
“Congratulations to all our winners and runners up, and to all those who were nominated. We are so proud of the talent and promise of all these young people and look forward to watching their careers progress. Their hard work and commitment will be key to Jersey’s success as an International Finance Centre in the years to come.”
The 2021 Rising Stars Awards are sponsored by HSBC, Puritas Software Solutions, Stonehage Fleming, Oak Group, Walkers, PwC, IQ-EQ and Vistra.