The IoD along with the GTA have developed a one-day course – ‘Directing Companies in a Digital World’ – to equip directors and senior managers with a high-level understanding of the impact and risks around digital technology to enable them to shape and challenge their organisations’ strategy and governance processes.
The course, taking place on 12 November 2020, is aimed at individuals who have limited digital knowledge but who are key decision makers in their organisations. The course is being sponsored by JT, which enables the delegate fee to be significantly reduced.
It will be led by Gordon Fletcher, Director of Business 4.0 Directorate at the University of Salford, and supported by Richard Hanrahan, CEO Agilisys Guernsey. Daragh McDermott, Managing Director of JT Channel Islands, said: “Embracing digital is no longer an option for businesses, it is a reality of commercial life. We’re delighted to support IoD Guernsey and local directors by sponsoring this course, which will help to focus that understanding and the importance of digital skills for directors and board-level executives”.
Meriel Lenfestey, IoD Committee Member, said: “We are delighted JT has agreed to support the course. We learnt so much during the Covid-19 pandemic and digitalisation has progressed at such a pace, boards will now more than ever put digital at the centre of their decision making. This course is very much for those who feel they don’t know as much about digital as they should, and we welcome all levels of knowledge”.
Topics will include:
● Market transformation and the impact on businesses
● Digital strategy and service/process digitalisation
● Digital innovation
● Becoming a digitally mature organisation
● Risks associated with digital and how to mitigate them
● Information governance.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
● Recognise company opportunities in relation to digital within their sector and beyond
● Recognise digital success patterns
● Understand the wider non-technical set of issues associated with digital
● Understand the governance risks associated with digital
● Be confident in undertaking actions to mitigate the risks associated with digital.
The course runs on 12 November, you can book and find out more here.
The IoD thanks JT for their support.