Jersey’s branch of the Institute of Directors (IoD Jersey) has launched its annual search to identify the Island’s top leaders across the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Nominations are now being accepted online, they are simple to do and open to everyone. Islanders are being encouraged to nominate a leader who they think deserves recognition. The nominations portal is now open.
A stellar line up of judges has been selected for the 2021 Awards. The panel will be chaired by Kevin Keen whose impressive career has included Finance Director of Le Riche Group, Managing Director of Jersey Dairy, Chairman of Jersey Water, Chief Executive of Jersey Post, Advisor to the States of Jersey, and most recently interim Chief Executive of Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust and Chairman of the Association of Jersey Charities.
Mr Keen will be joined by:
- John Henwood MBE (winner of the IoD Jersey Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Brendan McMahon, (former CEO of PwC Channel Islands and Chair of the Good Business Charter)
- Dr Lesley Dickie (CEO of Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust)
- Kate Wright (Founder/Director at Arbre Consulting and Co-Founder of the Diversity Network)
- Kristina Le Feuvre (Co-Founder of aMaizin! Adventure Park and a Non Executive Director of Jersey Business)
- Tom Hacquoil (Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Pinpoint and former Jersey/UK winner for Start-Up Director of the Year)
Nominations for the 2021 Jersey Director of the Year Awards, (once again kindly supported by Gold Sponsor Appleby, who have been associated with the initiative since its inception), can be made online now, until Friday, 4th June. Entry is open to both members and non-members of IoD Jersey.
Anyone can submit a nomination and the online process is free and simple, requiring a concise recommendation. The ten award categories are as follows:
- Director of the Year – Large Business (over £10 million turnover)
- Director of the Year – SME Business (under £10 million turnover)
- Family Business
- Third Sector Director of the Year
- Public Sector Director of the Year
- Young Director of the Year
- Director of the Year – Diversity & Inclusion
- Director of the Year – Sustainability
- Non-Executive Director of the Year
Following an independent and confidential judging process, the Awards will culminate in a black-tie dinner on Friday 17th September at The Royal Yacht Hotel, to celebrate the achievements of shortlisted nominees and winners. Tickets for this event can be purchased by members and non-members here.
Lisa Springate, IoD Jersey Chair, explained to Channel Eye: “The benefits of entering the Director of the Year Awards extends far beyond the recognition and prestige associated with winning one of the award categories. We know how many talented and inspirational leaders we have in our Island community and we hope people take time to nominate those that are deserving of this recognition.
“There are new categories available this year and we are excited to be able to highlight those who innovate, promote diversity and inclusivity as well as corporate social responsibility, alongside the traditional business categories. I am delighted that Appleby continue to be our Gold Sponsor and the team and I are very grateful for their continued support.”