The Citywealth International Powerwomen Top 100 2019 has named 15 Channel Island lawyers in its ranks from a global field.
The list aims to recognise the women who are power players within the international wealth management community and says it is not about diversity for diversity’s sake but about recognising talented wealth management professionals who so happen to be women.
The 2019 list has eight Jersey-based and seven Guernsey-based lawyers, from nine different firms across the islands.
The full list of Channel Island lawyers is as follows (in alphabetic order):
- Kate Anderson, partner at Voisin Law in Jersey
- Barbara Corbett, senior partner at Corbett Le Quesne in Jersey
- Angela Calnan, partner at Collas Crill in Guernsey
- Nancy Chien, partner at Bedell Cristin in Jersey
- Felicia de Laat, partner at Mourant in Jersey
- Sally Edwards, partner at Ogier in Jersey
- Elaine Gray, partner at Carey Olsen in Guernsey
- Rachel Guthrie, senior associate at Mourant in Guernsey
- Alison MacKrill, group partner at Appleby in Guernsey
- Catherine Moore, counsel at Mourant in Guernsey
- Katherine Neal, counsel at Ogier in Jersey
- Alison Ozanne, partner at Walkers in Guernsey
- Kellyann Ozouf, partner at Collas Crill in Jersey
- Sophie Reguengo, partner at Ogier in Jersey
- Jessica Roland, managing partner at Mourant in Guernsey
Nancy Chien (pictured), partner at Bedell Cristin in Jersey, is one of those recognised. Global managing partner of the firm, Tim Pearce, said: “Being recognised by Citywealth as an international powerwoman is high praise and very deserved by Nancy. Our lawyers are consistently ranked as leaders in their respective fields and I commend my colleagues on their continuing individual recognition from independent industry bodies and publications.”
At Collas Crill, two partners have been named on the list. Angela Calnan and Kellyann Ozouf are the Guernsey and Jersey International Private Client and Trusts (IPCT) practice heads. Both have already been recently recognised by Citywealth, with Angela named as one of Guernsey’s Top 20 Professionals, and Kellyann as Lawyer of the Year – IFC – Partner in 2019.
Group managing partner, Jason Romer said: “Both Angela and Kellyann are extremely strong leaders within their fields, so while it is no surprise to me that they have received this recognition, I am of course delighted for them. Our IPCT teams are highly regarded across the board, and their continued success means both the Guernsey and Jersey teams have grown this year, and this will continue in 2020.”
A number of Channel Island based women and firms also appear on the Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2020 shortlist, with the results announced later this year.