The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland – Bailiwick of Guernsey Branch has today announced the winners of the 2021 Guernsey Awards.
The awards recognise those individuals, teams and service providers who excel in the art of good governance practice. The academic accomplishments of the Institute’s students were similarly feted at the Student Excellence Awards, which also formed part of the branch’s annual Awards Dinner which took place on 29 October 2021 at the Duke of Richmond Hotel.
The 2021 Guernsey Awards winners are as follows:
- Company Secretary of the Year: Kelly Moore-Vieira, Butterfield Bank (Guernsey) Limited
- Governance Professional of the Year: Hannah Hayward, Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited
- Corporate Services Team of the Year: Mourant Governance Services
- The One to Watch: Ceisha Martin, TMF Group Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited
- Administrator of the Year: BNP Paribas Securities Services S.C.A. Guernsey.
Those students with the highest marks in their International Finance and Administration (IFA) exams honoured for their achievements are:
- IFA 4 – Core Module – Best Paper internationally Nov 2020 – Joanna Nichols, Apex Guernsey
- IFA 4 – Accounting – Best Paper internationally Nov 2020 – Hugo Russell, Saffery Champness
- IFA 4 – Investment – Best Paper internationally Nov 2020 – Briony Smallman, Langham Hall
- IFA 4 – Accounting – Best Paper internationally June 2021 – Catherine Snell, Langham Hall
- IFA 4 – Investment – Best Paper internationally June 2021 – Hugo Russell, Saffery Champness
- IFA 5 – Fund Administration – Best Paper internationally Nov 2020 – Evie Page, Artemis Trustees Limited
- IFA 5 – Trust & Company Administration – Best Paper internationally Nov 2020 –Joanne Le Prevost, Credit Suisse Trust Limited.
Teresa Le Couteur, chair of the Institute’s Guernsey branch says: “Every year our Awards celebrate the best that Guernsey has to offer in terms of good governance and the standard just keeps rising and rising. I know that the judges had a hard time deciding who would be victorious in each category, but whoever was nominated for an award should feel equally proud as they do an amazing job helping Guernsey businesses and other organisations to remain at the forefront or good governance practice.”
“I would like to thank Jim Roberts, Chief Executive of the Guernsey Community Foundation for speaking at this year’s Awards and for helping the Institute to recognise the achievements of the crème de la crème of Guernsey’s governance community. I would also like to thank our sponsors for their support with this event: Aspida Group, sponsor of The One to Watch award; TMF Group, sponsor of Governance Professional of Year; Northern Trust, which kindly sponsored the drinks reception; and First Intuition, sponsor of our Student Excellence Awards.”