The Mourant Ozannes Guernsey and Jersey Trusts Forums will hear from a compelling line up of speakers including former FBI Special Agent, Gregory Coleman, who was responsible for the criminal investigation of Jordan Belfort – ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’. He has over 25 years of experience investigating financial crimes and money laundering.
The day-long Forums, sponsored by Butterfield Trust (Guernsey) Limited, will bring together professionals from across the private wealth sector at the first of the firm’s trust and private client events of 2018. The Guernsey Forum will be held on Tuesday 20 March at the Farmhouse Hotel. The Jersey Forum will be held on Thursday 22 March at L’Horizon Hotel & Spa in St Brelades.
Lawyers from Mourant Ozannes’ Channel Island International Trusts and Private Client teams will be joined by experts from all over the world to debate key issues facing trusts and trustees. The topics covered will include tax changes in the UK and US in relation to the international market, settlor control in light of the Pugachev decision and dealing with fraud and asset tracing for trusts.
Mourant Ozannes Jersey Partner and Head of International Trusts and Private Client, Edward Devenport, said: “We are pleased to introduce the first of our Trusts Forums for 2018 to our fiduciary community which will bring together leading specialists to debate key issues affecting the industry. Our line-up of speakers and fascinating keynote speaker will share their insights on the current market, so it promises to give attendees some insights as well as practical advice to take back to their own organisations.”
Alongside Mr Coleman, the Guernsey and Jersey Forums will welcome key speakers including:
– David Adler (Bryan Cave)
– Alan Binnington (Royal Bank of Canada)
– Nick Holland (McDermott Will & Emery)
– Nicole Mann (McDermot Will & Emery)
– Jenny McKeown (Stephenson Harwood)
– Jonathan Riley (Michelmores LLP)
– Julia Rosenbloom (Smith & Williamson)
– Peter Steen (Mischon de Reya)
– Mona Vaswani (Allen & Overy)
– Julian Washington (Royal Bank of Canada)
– Richard Wilson QC (Serle Court)
– Edward Buckland (LGL Trustees Ltd) Jersey only
– Nicholas Harries (Macfarlanes) Jersey only
– Lorraine Jeffery (Bircham Dyson Bell) Jersey only
– Clare Maurice, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP) Jersey only
– Lisa Springate (Jersey Finance) Jersey only
– Jonathan Arr (Macfarlanes) Guernsey only
– Geoffrey Kertesz, (Bircham Dyson Bell) Guernsey only
– Arabella Murphy (Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP) Guernsey only
– Dominic Wheatley (Guernsey Finance) Guernsey only
During Gregory Coleman’s time at the FBI, he specialised in complex stock market manipulation and international money laundering investigations with a special emphasis on investigations where the proceeds of crime were laundered using offshore companies and bank accounts. As the case agent in charge of those investigations, Gregory was responsible for the overall direction of all investigative activities, including the tracing of illicit funds, witness interviews, confidential source development, and document analysis.
To register for the events, visit www.mourantozannes.com/jsytrustsforum/ or www.mourantozannes.com/gsytrustsforum/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.