HSBC Channel Islands and Isle of Man has launched a new online hub hosting a range of resources to help support parents, teachers and children with their financial literacy.
The new free-to-access online tools have been designed to equip young people in the islands with the money skills they need to build their future financial confidence, and support their parents and teachers in the conversation.
Tailored for the islands, the resources are aimed at young people and align to the school curriculum. The range of fun and effective learning resources include games and downloadable worksheets.
Split into age groups, the hub includes:
- First Steps: aimed at helping young children to build an understanding of the value of money and where it comes from
- Developing Skills: aimed at building financial skills amongst older children to help them make informed decisions about money
- Young Adults: aimed at supporting young people over the age of 16 to ‘Level Up’ their finances and become more financially savvy
In addition to these resources, HSBC has partnered with UK charity Young Enterprise to develop ’Money Heroes’. This free online programme, accessed via HSBC’s financial hub, is designed to help with the financial education of children aged three to 11 years and offers a comprehensive range of ready-made resources for teachers and parents to support the conversations.
The new hub can be accessed here as well as further information about HSBC’s ongoing programme aimed at supporting financial literacy across the islands amongst young people and adults.
To help support the launch of HSBC’s financial literacy hub, customers can take advantage of free stationery, which is being provided by Paperclix in Jersey, Officepoint in Guernsey and The Works, Douglas in the Isle of Man. There are limited numbers of the giveaways in each island and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis from Friday 9th July. HSBC customers will need to show their debit card to claim the freebies.
Cameron Senior, Interim Head of Wealth and Private Banking at HSBC Channel Islands and Isle of Man, said: “Our new online financial literacy hub is a unique platform in the islands and is focused on supporting young people, their parents and teachers by helping to build the skills they need for everyday money management – from basic familiarity with cash to understanding how bank accounts work, how to budget and what pay slips look like.”
Free stationery giveaway to HSBC debit or credit card holders – Terms and Conditions
- The first 100 HSBC debit or credit card holders on 9th and 10th July 2021 can claim their free stationery offer from one of the participating suppliers by presenting their credit or debit card (in their name) to the approved retailer in Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man.
- Approved retailers are Paperclix trading from ’Paperclix House, Sandybrook Lane, Jersey, JE3 1LJ’, Office Point trading from ‘Barras Lane, Vale, Guernsey, GY6 8EE’, The Works trading from, 74 Strand Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2EW.
- The freebie offer varies across Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man. Paperclix, Jersey will provide a set of Sharpie S Note Creative Markers (pack of 4), Office Point in Guernsey and The Works in Isle of Man will provide variety of pens, pencils and pencil cases, subject to availability.
- This will be on a first-come first served basis and is limited to one freebie per HSBC customer.
- There are 100 freebies per supplier, per Island, per day on 9th and 10th July 2021.
- HSBC will pay the cost of one freebie per customer per retailer.
- No other purchase is necessary.