Small business workshops: An informative introduction to VAT
Join the Isle of Man Customs & Excise team for an informative introduction to VAT for small businesses. Covering everything from basic VAT principles, through to VAT Rates and when a business should become VAT registered, this is an opportunity to listen and learn from the experts. There will also be an open forum Q&A with the Customs & Excise team and an opportunity to speak one on one with Mark Shuttleworth.
The session will cover the following areas:
- What is VAT?
- What are Taxable Supplies?
- Who are Taxable Persons?
- Who should be registered for VAT?
- What are the VAT Rates?
- VAT Notices and Further Guidance
- Updates on changes regarding late returns and payments
- Overview of the new RMS system