The Jersey branch of the Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD) is inviting representatives of all island businesses to join their annual conference next week.
The event, titled HR’s Role in the Economic Recovery, which would normally take place over one day, will this year see nine seminars delivered over the course of one week, between 8th-12th February. The event, which is free to join, will see local experts deliver a series of virtual sessions on a variety of topics.
Kerry Osmand, CIPD Jersey branch chair, commented: “We are delighted to be able to offer our members and the wider business community access to a programme of incredibly thought provoking and insightful seminars, all delivered via Zoom and completely free of charge. Given the significant changes to how businesses have been able to operate over the last year, it is important that we share this expert advice with as many island businesses as we can.
“We have designed the programme with HR professionals and students, office managers and directors of small to large businesses in mind, covering topics from mental health and wellbeing to recruitment, employee incentives to engaging, retaining and changing through Covid fatigue. Attendees can sign up to as many or as few seminars as they wish, tailoring their week to their specific business needs.
We are incredibly grateful to all of our speakers, as we simply wouldn’t have been able to deliver the event without their knowledge and support.”
The programme is as follows:
- 8th February – 12.00 – HR’s role in shaping the workplace of 2021 – Carla Benest and Laurie Child of Mourant.
- 9th February – 12.00 – The future of recruiting in small markets (without breaking the bank) – Tom Hacqouil of Pinpoint.
- 9th February – 13.00 – Engaging, retaining and changing through Covid fatigue – Becky Hill of HRNow.
- 10th February –12.00 – New ways to incentivise employees – Wendy Lambert, BCR.
- 10th February 13.00 – Management of Employee Benefits through COVID 19 Pandemic – Steve Warner of Rossborough Financial Services Limited and Richard Clarke of Rossborough Healthcare International Limited.
- 11th February – 12.00 – Silence Isn’t Golden – Uncomfortable Topics and Why We Have to Talk About Them – Huw Thomas of Carey Olsen and Jess Dunsdon of ITV Channel.
- 11th February – 13.00 – Exploring and understanding Mental Fitness in your organisation – Marisa Ballantyne of Infinity.
- 12th February – 12.00 – Managing a wellbeing strategy during COVID and beyond – Kim Davies and Richard Clarke both of Rossborough Healthcare International Limited.
- 12th February – 13.00 – Data Analytics (and results of the recent CIPD Jersey Branch survey) – Hannah Gray of Kojima.
To register for any of these events, please click here.