The Jersey Young Enterprise Board have launched the 2021-22 Jersey Young Enterprise ‘Student company’ competition.
Eamon Fenlon, Chairman of the Jersey Young Enterprise Board said: “Since our last academic year which runs from October to May, we have moved from home-working and home-schooling to slowly embrace social interaction and personal connectivity again. Via the Young Enterprise Student Company competition, we are proud that despite the challenges of Covid we can continue to support our young people by equipping them with practical experience at this critical time in their education.
“We are delighted to announce that student applications are now open for the Young Enterprise Student Company competition. The competition involves hard work, but in return offers all Jersey based 6th form students the opportunity to network with their peers and to learn new skills.
“Through first-hand experience the students will discover that it takes more than just academic know-how to run a successful company. The life lessons they will learn such as collaboration, communication, and compromise as well as the more academic aspects such as finance, HR, corporate governance, marketing and branding will propel them forward in their future careers.
“To stand out from the crowd, students need to have extra experience, extra skills and evidence of proactiveness, and this competition offers that to them in abundance.
“We invite all students who wish to participate to submit their applications for this year’s competition to do so by the 8th of October 2021. The application form can be accessed here.
Hannah Samson, Student Liaison confirmed that the 2021-22 Student Company timetable is:
- Friday, 8th October 2021 – Student application closing date
- Monday, 11th October 2021 – Business Advisors induction
- Monday, 18th October 2021 – Student participants induction
- Tuesday, 19th October 2021 – 1st Student team meetings
- November 2021 – Presentation of business plans & business skills workshops
- Friday, 12th November 2021 – Finance workshop hosted by Chapter One
- Thursday, 25th November 2021 – Brand Building, and audience with Aaron Chatterley
- Early December 2021 – Marketing workshop with Jersey Finance
- December 2021 – Preparation for and participation in the local Christmas Markets
- January 2022 – Interim reviews with the Local Area Board
- March 2022 – Mid-term markets / team driven selling opportunities
- April 2022 – Preparation for the competition finals
- May 2022 – Competition judging and finals with winners announced