After two difficult years in the care industry, staff of Jersey’s care provider, LV Care Group were recognised at the company’s tenth anniversary celebrations, with eight colleagues receiving awards for their outstanding dedication in the last year.
Ceri Powell, Head of HR at LV Care Group, said the awards were the culmination of nominations throughout the year, in which an employee was either nominated by their Registered Manager or fellow colleagues on a quarterly basis.
“LV Care Group encourages all employees to provide dedication to our clients through living the Core Values of the Company: Care, Compassion, Courage, Commitment, Communication and Competence. Since commencing the scheme last April, we have seen circa 40 employees receive an award of £100 of Co-op or M&S vouchers and other treats. The annual awards chose the best of the best but every one of the Employee of the Quarter winners should be proud of the level of care and service they are giving to our clients.”
LV Care invests in its staff and believes in promoting through the ranks and offering training for career development as well as to keep skills updated. The group established the Care Academy in order to ensure all staff have access to the latest learning; and was shortlisted for a major training award last year for its innovation in the delivery of training to health and social care professionals.
Nick Bettany, CEO and co-founder of LV Care Group said: “Our staff are absolutely critical to the business and our clients. In an industry like ours, it is all about the personal service and care and we all pride ourselves on ensuring that we optimise and personalise that care for all our clients. We’re immensely proud of our staff who have worked through some incredibly challenging times but never lost sight of the needs of those who they look after. I commend all of them, but particularly the award winners for their dedication and professionalism.”
The business operates six homes in Jersey, and one in the Isle of Man. In addition, it has planning applications submitted for two further sites in Jersey, and two in the IoM. They also operate Home Care provisions in each jurisdiction, a counselling service, and the LV Pharmacy in Jersey
The LV Care group Annual Awards went to:
- Sandra Crisbarroso Health Care Assistant, who works at the Le Petit Bosquet Residential and Nursing Home, and was described by her nominator as: “Kind, caring and helpful” and “a real joy to work with.”
- Jayde Baselgia, Administrator who works for the group. “Nothing is too much trouble despite her workload ever growing.” “She has shown commitment above and beyond.”
- Telma Araujo, Health Care Assistant, who works at Lavender Villa Residential Home. “Telma has just grown in her role, her commitment to Lavender Villa is outstanding and she has an innate ability to care.”
- Almira Hardwidge, Health Care Assistant, who works at Cheval Roc Residential and Nursing Home. “Goes the extra mile,” “Treats all residents and family as if they really matter.”
- Ana Golcalves, Health Care Assistant who works at St Joseph’s. “Ana always delivers the 6Cs and can be relied on to help out at short notice. Does so without complaint and with a smile.”
- Tatiana Da Silva, Senior Health Care Assistant who works at Les Charrieres Residential and Nursing Home. “Tatiana has been super helpful and reliable during times of challenge at Les Charrieres and has been flexible and accommodating at times of need.” So much so that she has earned further recognition in her recent promotion into the role of Team Leader.
- Gerry Paton, Support Worker who works at Rosemary Cottage Residential Home. “Gerry has a fantastic work ethic and shows consistently that he loves his job. He has a great rapport with the residents.”
- Linzi Stevens, Support Worker who works within complex needs in the community. “Linzi has recently taken on temporarily the senior position in complex needs and has worked hard to make it a success. She has also taken on a lead role liaising with external agencies to support the clients.”
The main picture shows Sandra Crisbarroso receiving her award from Nick Bettany.