Christmas may still be a couple of months away, but Jersey charity Brightly have already started preparing their Christmas Appeal.
Brightly is a small, independent Jersey charity that provides support to children and young people living in care, care experienced, or who are experiencing adversity.
This Christmas, Brightly will be offering a voucher for either £50 or £100, plus a small gift and a selection box to approximately 150 children and young people who are under the care of the Children’s Service. The recipients will be children or young people living in residential care on or off island, young care leavers, and their children. This may seem like a lot of money but for some of these children and young people, it may be the only gift they receive this Christmas.
The total cost of this year’s appeal will be in the region of £15,000.
Below is a list of gifts that the charity are looking for support in purchasing:
- Gift vouchers: From either Amazon, The Entertainer, Boots, JD Sports, New Look, Seedee Jons, Sports Direct, Superdrug, USC, or Voisin in denominations of either £10, £20, £50 or £100. Please ensure the value is stated on the voucher and if possible, include the receipt. As a suggestion, if you have several people working in your office or friends who would like to support the appeal then you could club together and get one larger voucher for either £50 or £100.
- Female Toiletry Sets: 65 sets from either Superdrug or Boots (ones that include shampoo, bubble bath and body wash)
- Male Toiletry Sets: 70 sets from either Superdrug or Boots (ones that include shower gel, body spray etc.).
- Chidren’s Toiletry Sets: 7 girl/unisex sets and 8 boy/unisex sets from either Superdrug or Boots (ones that include shampoo, bubble bath and body wash)
- Makeup Sets: 5 Make up sets from either Superdrug or Boots.
- 155 Cadbury’s Selection Boxes
All unwrapped (please don’t wrap your purchases as Brightly need to check all items) presents must be dropped off at Myersons, 4 Broad St, St Helier (next to Vinifera wine & coffee bar) before 2pm on Wednesday 23rd November 2022.
If you are interested in supporting the appeal, then please let Wendy Nerac at Brightly know as soon as possible what you would like to purchase, to avoid duplicated gifts. Alternatively, if you would like to make a donation then the charity would be happy to purchase a gift on your behalf.
Wendy can be contacted by email or by telephone on 07797 856127.