The lead up to Christmas is always the busiest time of year at Jersey Post, so whether ordering online or posting gifts and cards to family and friends, Jersey Post is encouraging Islanders to prepare for Christmas early.
Throughout 2023, Jersey Post has already processed and delivered 3.4 million items locally. Heading into Christmas peak, volumes are expected to further rise, with an over 30% increase in parcels anticipated during the last few months of the year.
Julie Thomas, Jersey Post’s Managing Director for Post and Logistics, said: “Throughout November and December, we have put in place extra operational measures to ensure that our on-island processing and delivery is prepared to manage the increased volume as seamlessly as possible. Offering Islanders a top-class service remains, as always, our first priority.
“Following the disruptions caused by Storm Ciarán over the last week we encourage Islanders to be mindful of any further possible disruptions to services due to adverse weather and emphasise the importance of posting early. For Islanders that have yet to sign up for our SecureDrop service, we highly recommend the free service as it ensures the likelihood of delivery upon the first attempt and saves customers valuable time over the busy festive period.”
Recommended last posting dates
To ensure items reach their final destinations, Jersey Post has released its recommended last posting dates. The following last posting dates have been published as a guide:
Letters, cards and documents, from Jersey to these destinations:
- Jersey (Postboxes only / Parish Post offices only) – Thursday 21 December (By 10:00/by 16:00)
- Jersey (Broad Street and Rue des Pres only) – Friday 22 December (By 06:00)
- UK, IOM and other CI – Friday 15 December
- UK, IOM and other CI (Tracked and Signed) – Monday 18 December
- Europe – Monday 4 December
- Rest of world – Friday 1 December
Parcels, gifts and merchandise, from Jersey to these destinations:
- Jersey – Thursday 21 December
- UK, IOM and other CI – Wednesday 13 December
- UK, IOM and other CI (Tracked and Signed up to 10kg with prepaid VAT) – Friday 15 December
- UK, IOM and other CI (Tracked and Signed up to 10kg without prepaid VAT) – Wednesday 13 December
- Europe – Friday 1 December
- Rest of world – Friday 24 November
The 2023 Christmas stamps (pictured) have been designed by eight local artists: Will Bertram, Dean Porter, Glen Fox, Erin Brown, Louise Ramsay, Rosemary Blackmore, Gabriella Street and Lauren Radley.
Each artist has beautifully depicted what Christmas means to them, with heartfelt meanings behind their design, which Islanders are encouraged to read all about on the Jersey Stamps website.
The Christmas stamps go on sale at all post offices from Saturday 11 November. This year Jersey Post is not offering reduced rate stamps; however, by keeping in mind the challenges of the cost of living for Islanders, there will be no increase to the 100g letter and large letter rates of local and UK postage in 2024.