Channel Eye has joined forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’.
Over-communicating can help ensure everyone in your business or team is aligned with the same vision, mission, and goals. It also helps prevent misunderstandings, keeps vital information in mind, and ensures everyone is on the same page.
- You can’t communicate enough.
- Focus on the quality of communication.
- Consistency of communication creates trust and certainty.
- [0.45] Know that you can’t communicate enough. Over-communicate in your business using the medium that your people prefer with messages that are on point. Many companies are guilty of under-communication, not over-communication and create a communication vacuum where gossip, noise and personal agendas fill the gap. You cannot communicate enough; repeating messages over time and across multiple channels in various ways can help employees remember critical internal business communication.
- [1.40] It does not mean you need to have meetings for meetings’ sake. Instead, focus on the quality and timing of your communication.
- [2.23] Consistency is key. If you’ve promised a weekly newsletter, deliver a weekly newsletter. If you’ve promised a monthly social, hold a monthly social. Consistency creates trust and certainty.
Do you have a question for the Business Coach?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org