Channel Eye has joined forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’.
Despite your best intentions, are you focusing your time and energy on things you can but shouldn’t be doing? Without realising it, you can be sucked into the small, menial tasks that will not move the business dials anytime soon. Over the short term, they waste your time, but over the longer term, they can harm business profits.
- War on talent; attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Proactive management of the cost base.
- Cash is king.
- [0.58] Don’t think of it as time management; think of it as self-management. This frame of mind makes you own your time and how you spend it.
- [2.10] Are you busy, or are you productive? What are the things that are worthy of your time? What value-adding items will help move you and your business forward? Being busy does not always mean being productive.
- [2.58] Design your high-performance weeks with conscious, deliberate intent. Own your diary – what goes in and what comes out. Block out quality ‘burn time’ – give yourself a time challenge to complete a task, switch off gadgets, remove distractions and focus on that one task until either complete or your time allocation is up.
Do you have a question for the Business Coach?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org